Online blackjack is one of the most popular games in the 32Red Online Casino. You can play the classic game on any device. If you join 32Red Online Casino today, we’ll also give you one whopper of a welcome bonus on the House.
An introduction to online blackjack
Blackjack's history goes way, way back to 17th century France and Spain. Even in those days, blackjack was all about getting to 21 and aces were worth either 1 or 11. The game stayed the same for centuries and it's easy to see why. Its simple rules and format make it an instant crowd-pleaser. Now you can play blackjack online, the game’s become a runaway hit and the most widely played casino card game.
So how do you actually win at online blackjack? And what’s all the hoo-ha about getting to 21? Well, the whole aim of the game is to get a hand that’s higher than the dealer's without going over the big 2-1. A blackjack itself is the combo of an Ace and any card worth 10 i.e. a King, Queen, Jack and, of course, 10. So get a member of the royal family and you could be flushed! A blackjack is also the strongest hand you can get – think of it as the Incredible Hulk of the casino world. The only way a player can’t win with a blackjack is if the dealer has one, too. So don’t get out the champers, until he’s revealed his hand.
To get a winning set of cards, a player must "hit" to receive cards (no, don’t get in a fight). Eventually, the player much choose to "stand" which means accepting the sum of their cards. The dealer will then play his hand and try to outdo the player's. In many variants of both the online of and offline versions, the dealer must "stand" on soft 17. This means the dealer can’t draw any more cards to try and beat the player. If the dealer or player continues to "hit" (to draw cards) and exceeds a score of 21 then they are “bust”. For any culture vultures, out there, the term doesn’t refer to a piece of art but it does mean they’re no longer a-head (ba-dum-dum-ch!).
There’s a saucy mix of different blackjack games online and payouts vary accordingly. For example, while some games are all about bagging a blackjack hand, others like to mix up the score limit on which the dealer must "stand". All affect the game's odds, how often you win and how much you win. So make sure you pick the right game that’ll give you the maximum fun. See our top blackjack games for more info.
You can enjoy live dealers and you can choose from a wide selection of stakes on our Live Blackjack tables. With professional dealers to chat with while you play, you can experience the finest live casino online at 32Red Live Casino.
First Deposit Bonus - Terms and Conditions
- Only cash players are eligible for the New Player First Deposit Bonus. Guest players do not qualify for this promotion.
- A £32 bonus will be awarded for every £10 deposited on your first purchase. For example, a deposit of £15 would generate a £32 bonus, additional deposits do not qualify. The maximum bonus is £160.
- This bonus will be credited to a player's Bonus Balance and are subject to our bonus terms and playthrough requirements before being withdrawn. Different games contribute different amounts to the playthrough requirements. Click here to find out the different contributions per game type.
- Each new player is eligible for one first deposit bonus, players claiming any other first deposit bonus are not eligible for this promotion.
- This offer is valid for a player's initial deposit only. Players must opt-in using the notifications or bonus claim slider to receive the bonus. In the case of the bonus claim slider not appearing, please contact Help Centre before depositing to ensure the bonus will be awarded.
- The bonus is to be used within 7 days of qualification. 32Red reserves the right to remove unused bonuses and related winnings if the promotion's terms are not fulfilled within this period.
- 32Red welcomes players from all countries around the world (prohibited territories). However, there are some players who wish to take advantage of this free chip welcome bonus offer. In the interests of fair gaming, there are limits on the maximum bet sizes you can place during the playthrough of the welcome bonus. Any cash-in derived from bets larger than these limits before playthrough requirements for that bonus have been met will initiate a further playthrough requirement of 40 times the value of the cash-in. The value of the cash-in will be added to your Bonus Balance and will be subject to a playthrough of 40x and a maximum bet size of £6.25. Click here for details.
- This promotion is strictly limited to one new player per household even if there is more than one computer retained at the address. The identity of a user will be determined on the basis of all or any combination of the following: name, mailing address, e-mail address, IP address, credit/charge card number, computer, and any other form of identification which may be required.
- The casino may, at their sole discretion, limit the eligibility of new players to participate in this promotion, for any reason whatsoever without notice to the end users.
- The casino may, at their sole discretion, change the terms and conditions for any reason whatsoever without notice to the end users. No correspondence will be entered into. 32Red's decision will be considered final in the event of a dispute.
- 32Red Plc owns and operates a number of casino brands and reserves the right to limit the number of new player Welcome Bonuses that may be taken up by a player across it's brands in the following way. By claiming this welcome bonus offer at 32Red, unless specifically and personally invited, you are prohibited from claiming a welcome bonus at Dash, Nedplay or Golden Lounge casino. To clarify, this personal invitation will only be sent prior to you opening an account at that casino and should not be confused with any other communication that you may receive having opened an account.
- Should you contravene clause 11 in respect of claiming the welcome bonuses at the specified 32Red Plc-owned casino(s) without an express invitation from the casino, then the bonus amount credited to your account will be forfeited and any remaining balance in your account at that casino will be credited to your Bonus Balance and subject to a playthrough requirement of 40 times before any withdrawal can be made..
Last updated: 12th May 2017, 14:30 GMT+1