We have a great assortment of Video Poker games for you to try out here at 32Red. However, if you are not quite sure what Video Poker is, let alone why there is more than one variety, then these next few paragraphs might help you out.
Objective of the game
Like a bit of lights, camera and action with your poker? Then video poker is just the thing for you. The aim is to finish the game with the strongest hand and a set of cards with a whole lot of muscle. The hands are based on the standard poker hands with a few exciting twists for each different Video Poker game. The higher your hand ranks, the bigger your pay-out. Which could mean a whole caboodle of zeros ending up in your account.
How to play
In Video Poker, you and the Dealer go head on. You’re dealt five cards in the first hand. When you get your first hand, choose the cards to hold and cards to bin. You can get rid of between 0 - 5 cards from your hand. These will be replaced with new ones from the deck.
If your hand is a winning poker hand, the amount you win is highlighted on the pay-out table. This is based on the number of coins you have chosen to bet before the first deal.
You can then choose to Collect your winnings or if you’re feeling that Lady Luck is on your side, you can even opt to Double.
- If you choose the Double button, you will be taken to the Doubling phase.
- If you choose the Collect button, you are paid out the amount in the Win box. You’re also given the option to deal a new hand.
- If your hand is not a winning hand, the game is over and you can deal a new hand.
So you’ve decided to Double, ey? Five new cards will be dealt and the dealer’s card will be turned face up. You can then select any one of the four remaining face-down cards. All four cards are then turned over and the card you have selected is highlighted.
If your card is of a higher value than the dealer’s, your original payout is doubled. If you’re feeling ballsy you can choose to Double again. Or if you can’t wait any longer to splash your cash, opt to Collect your winnings. Popping open a big bottle of champers is optional though.
If the card is of an equal value to that of the Dealer, the game is a tie, and your win amount remains the same. Again, you can then choose to either Double again or Collect your winnings.
If your card is of a lesser value than the Dealer’s, the Doubling phase is over. You are returned to the main Poker game and can continue to play a new hand. Better luck next time.
AutoHold and Expert Mode
32Red Online Casino offers you a jazzy feature called AutoHold for any newbie poker players out there. It automatically holds the best cards from your first deal based on the Optimal Play Strategy. That way you’re guaranteed to get the best possible return on your hand. Aren’t we nice? You can also use our Expert Mode, which offers advanced features such as:
- The option to create your own gaming strategies.
- AutoPlay – this enables you to play a selected number of consecutive hands automatically.
- Play one game at a time using your own gaming strategies.
- Analyzer function – this enables you to view the Optimal Game Play for your current hand to help maximise your returns. You can also use the Analyzer as a learning tool, by analysing any poker hand, even if it is not in play, to determine the chances of winning with your cards.
- Optimal Play Hints – this will notify you when a hold decision you make during the game is not the Optimal Play Strategy. What more could you want.
It’s all hands on deck when it comes to Video Poker. As the deck used for your Video Poker game can vary from each game, you’ll need to stay on top of it if it changes. For example, Joker Poker and Deuces & Joker use a 53 card deck, including one Joker. We’d suggest checking each game for the deck details of the Deck and the Payout Table before you play.