When he’s not preening in front of a mirror like Derek Zoolander, becoming visibly annoyed with his own team-mates on a routine basis, or simply failing to be anything like as much of a complete player as Lionel Messi is, Cristiano Ronaldo is pretty good at playing football.
With the 34-year-old having just hit an incredible milestone of 700 goals, we’ve come up with a list of staggering stats about this annoying but truly exceptional player. This is that list. Who says we can’t write a snappy intro.
- With his 700th goal, Ronaldo has joined an exclusive club of just 5 other players. They are the Brazilian legends Pele and Romario, as well as Josef Bican, Ferenc Puskas and Gerd Muller. Bican is the top scorer of all time, with an official 805 goals. So Crissie still has a way to go if he wants to be the leading scorer of all time.
- Pauleta and Eusebio are Portugal’s second and third highest scoring players of all time behind Ronaldo. If the pair were to combine their total goal tally, they’d still come up short of Ronaldo’s record by 15 goals.
- Ronaldo’s 700th and most recent goal was his 95th for Portugal. The only player with a greater haul of international goals is Iran’s Ali Daei, who racked up 109 goals for his country.
- Ronaldo has scored four or more goals against 10 different countries.
- Ronaldo has made more appearances than any other player for Portugal, with 162 caps. That’s 35 more than Luis Figo, the next most capped Portuguese player.
- The majority of Ronaldo’s goals have come for Real Madrid, where he has a tally of 450 goals. He is the Spanish club’s top goalscorer of all time, with second placed Raul having scored 125 fewer goals, with a total of 325.
- Ronaldo holds the record for most goals scored in the Champions League, his tally currently standing at 127 goals.
For the latest football betting markets, visit 32Red. If you’re looking for a different kind of flutter, check out our 32Red Casino site. There’s plenty of slots and table games to keep you entertained!